Friday, May 8, 2020

I’m READY to GO!

I packed my overnight bag to go with the Much Older Sister to niece Jena Beth’s home to help with some flower planting, etc. My job as the GREAT aunt is to entertain the 18-month-old tot. I have to admit it was nice to have an audience again. I don’t usually have to resort to the belly button raspberries to get a laugh, but as we say in show biz, “Gotta give ‘em what they want, and leave ‘em wanting more!” It always works to pass a little time.
 
I was almost giddy packing my toothbrush and PJs. Keep in mind this was just overnight in Tulsa, but you would have thought it was the Maldives. I haven’t had drawers in a bag since February 15 when we got home from Peru and the Galapagos. For a Good to Go Girl, a blank calendar is not only very sad, but one with “cancelled” over much-anticipated trips is down-right depressing.

On that trip home from Peru, I remember my ring of the Peruvian Cross feeling tight and I pulled it off and dropped it in my travel purse. I didn’t think about it until a couple weeks into hunker bunker as I hadn’t had a reason to carry a purse or wear jewelry. I started looking for my ring. I went through every pocket and zippered pouch-came up empty-handed. When I pulled out my travel toiletry bag this week, guess what I found? It was a little present that added to my happiness. Maybe we should always leave a little something in our luggage to surprise us.

I’m not the only one ready to get traveling. I’m probably not the only one reading articles about what to expect when the crisis dust settles a bit and we are ready to hit the road. The one thing we are certain of is there is alot of speculating out there (read: guessing) and so much will remain to be seen. Here are a few things that I think might come to pass.

The big money opinion guys are thinking that domestic; within the USA destinations are going to be desirable. Historically when a crisis or tragedy occurs, Americans get a bit sentimental, patriotic and celebrate traditionally. We might not see huge numbers returning to places where there are crowds, but folks will continue “comforting” themselves in feel-good destination especially if Red, White and Blue. (Check out the Made In America trip set for August as this fits that travel desire perfectly!)

As airlines take travelers to the skies again, expect flight attendants to be wearing masks and gloves and refreshment service to be very limited if at all. Some airlines are already rolling out their passengers travel kits that include a mask to be issued to all fliers. We may see temperatures taken at check-in and those showing signs of illness will not be allowed to board. 2/3 is the number that I’m hearing of what airplane capacity will be. Wahoo! No middle seat assignment! But it will be a supply and demand market. I have my fingers crossed for some cheap flights just like you do, but we will see.

The Much Older Sister ran into the Sam’s Club while in Tulsa. She reported everything had been rearranged. The asiles were running a different direction, and she couldn’t find or figure things out. I expect our travel may be like that. It’s all there somewhere, but looks different. We just need to figure it out. 

Let’s go together. Remember I’m good for a little entertainment to pass the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is it Today or Tomorrow?

I read a funny that said “Tomorrow is another day used to sound hopeful. Now it sounds like a threat.” Ain’t it the truth? I’m not going to ...