Wednesday, February 22, 2017

I LOVE Your Grout

Allow me to take this opportunity to publicly say I’m sorry for the times I visited your home and I didn’t gush over your grout. I didn’t compliment your countertops. I didn’t dote on your drop-in sink. I didn’t bask in your backsplash. I apologize. 
 
The unpacking, packing, moving, organizing, tossing, hiding, rearranging, and decision making continue as we transition into our new home. The latest in this adventure is the few remodeling projects that needed to happen to update our new place. Most of these were kitchen related. Now I’m needing to make decisions regarding things I didn’t even know had names. 

I’m not a kitchen girl. I’m not a cooker girl. I’m not a shopper girl. I’m not even sure I’m a girl! In fact, when Doug and I were trying to find a honeymoon destination that neither one of us had been, after many, many suggestions, he said “Maybe we should honeymoon in the kitchen, sounds like neither one of us has been there.” Hilarious… and kinda true. One of the first “gifts” Doug bought for the Anderson Abode was a new stove. My old one only had two burners that worked. I tried to act excited, but before I could stop myself, I asked him, “But where will I put the mail?” 

HGTV exists without me. A makeover in my home meant a new place to pack my suitcase. Now I’m making choices on paint and trim and where my granite needed a bullnose. What? Exactly.

 Niece Jena Beth took my hand and drove me to the granite and tile place. Both of our knees went weak when we entered the door. She said, “This is heaven!” I… said something else. I found a box of rocks to play with while she tilted her head and pondered postage stamp sized tiles that kinda all looked the same to me. The salesman smiled and asked me if I was the mother, I picked up another shiny stone and replied, “No, I’m the home owner.”

Now, let’s talk about travel, and my eyes light up. I’m guessing that there are folks out there that are bit like me when it comes to planning a trip. Open-jaw, all-inclusive, double-double are in my vocabulary. I will gladly take 50 folks to a foreign country to be immersed in an unknown culture, but I don’t want to decide on a light fixture. The good news is we don’t have to be good at everything. We just need to find those that can help us and let them do their magic. 

If you don’t like planning the vacation, be Good to Go with Patti Beth and join our group travel experience where the work and hard decisions are already make for you. You can show your delight by having a good time on the trip and not working so hard to organize it. And I will come admire your kitchen… and tell you I love your grout.

Is it Today or Tomorrow?

I read a funny that said “Tomorrow is another day used to sound hopeful. Now it sounds like a threat.” Ain’t it the truth? I’m not going to ...